ovice Logo Use Agreement
This ovice Logo Use Agreement (hereinafter referred to as "this Agreement") sets forth the basic rules regarding the use of the ovice logo (defined in Article 1 below) provided by oVice, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company"). Please download the ovice logo only after understanding and agreeing to the rules of this Agreement and the separately stipulated "ovice Logo Guidelines".
Article 1 Definitions
- As this referred to Article 2, Paragraph 1 of the ToU, copying its text maybe appropriate.
- In this Agreement, "ovice Logo" refers to the following one type only.
- "External Media" refers to websites, applications, package media, paper media, and other media managed and operated by third parties other than the Company.
- "Publisher" refers to the individual who posts the ovice logo on the External Media defined in the preceding paragraph.
Article 2 Agreement to this Agreement
Publishers may use the ovice Logo on the condition that they agree to this Agreement. By downloading the ovice Logo, Publishers are deemed to have agreed to this Agreement.
Article 3 Ownership of Rights
All rights related to the ovice Logo (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights such as copyrights and trademark rights) belong to the Company.
Article 4 Purpose of Use
- The Company grants Publishers the right to use the ovice Logo free of charge, provided that Publishers use the ovice Logo for the following purposes:
a. To introduce the ovice service itself on External Media or SNS platforms.
b. For Publishers in a partnership with the Company to use the ovice Logo in projects related to that partnership, with the Company's permission.
c. For other uses that the Company deems appropriate in its discretion and has authorized in advance.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, if you wish to use the ovice Logo in media such as television, newspapers, magazines, online articles, etc., please notify us at media(at)ovice.co.
※Please replace (at) with @.
Article 5 Unauthorized Use (Prohibited Acts)
Publishers are prohibited from the following acts when using the ovice Logo:
- Using the ovice Logo for purposes other than those specified in the preceding article without separate permission from the Company.
- Deforming, processing, or modifying the ovice Logo.
- Using the ovice Logo in a manner that could cause confusion or misidentification with products, services, or media other than ovice (e.g. before or after the name of or as part of the name of a company, organization, product, service or medium)"
- Using the ovice Logo as part of an app icon or logo.
- Using the ovice Logo as a profile picture or background.
- Using the ovice Logo for links or redirects to unrelated services.
- Using the ovice Logo to represent services, products, or media other than ovice.
- Using the ovice Logo without securing sufficient blank space on both sides and top and bottom.
- Using the ovice Logo with the intention of gaining unfair profits. Posting the ovice Logo on External Media that falls under the following:
a. Content that is illegal or contrary to public order and morals, content related to antisocial forces, excessively violent expressions, explicit sexual expressions, expressions leading to discrimination based on race, nationality, creed, gender, social status, lineage, etc., expressions encouraging suicide, self-harm, drug abuse, and other antisocial expressions.
b. External Media aimed at meeting or dating unfamiliar persons of the opposite sex.
c. External Media that unlawfully acquires or discloses personal or private information.
d. Content-less affiliate-only sites, sites aimed at directing to specific websites, web scraping, word salad, other External Media generally considered as spam.
e. External Media that infringes on the copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, etc., of the Company or a third party, the right of reputation, the right of privacy, or any other rights under laws or contracts.
f. Other External Media that the Company deems inappropriate.
- Using the ovice Logo in a manner that may give the impression that the Company endorses or supports the External Media.
- Using the ovice Logo primarily in connection with specific political, ideological, religious, fundraising, or other activities.
- Failing to comply with the designated matters and prohibited matters set forth in the "ovice Logo Guidelines" that the Company stipulates, in addition to the above.
Article 6 Publisher's Responsibility
- If the Company determines that a Publisher is using the ovice Logo in violation of this Agreement, the Company may take measures it deems necessary and appropriate against the Publisher, including suspending the use of the ovice Logo. However, the Company is not obligated to prevent or correct such violations.
- If the use of the ovice Logo by the Publisher results in any direct or indirect damage to the Company (including, but not limited to, lost profits and attorney's fees, and including cases where the Company receives a claim from a third party due to such use), the Publisher must immediately compensate the Company for such damage upon the Company's request.
Article 7 No Warranty & Disclaimer
- The Company explicitly and implicitly does not warrant that the ovice Logo is free from de facto or legal defects (including, but not limited to, safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, fitness for a particular purpose, security-related defects, errors, bugs, and infringements of rights).The Company is not obligated to remove such defects and provide the ovice Logo.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Publisher due to the ovice Logo.
Article 8 Amendment of this Agreement
The Company may change this Agreement at any time without prior notice when the Company deems it necessary. The amended Agreement will take effect from the time it is posted in an appropriate place on the website operated by the Company, and Publishers who continue to use the ovice Logo after the change are deemed to have agreed to the amended Agreement.
Article 9 Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The governing law of this Agreement shall be Japanese law. In the event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with the ovice Logo between the Publisher and the Company, the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdiction court of the first instance.
Article 10 Inquiries
If you wish to use the ovice Logo in a manner not permitted under this Agreement, please contact media(at)ovice.co.
※*Please replace (at) with @
Enacted on October 6, 2022