- Purpose of Use of Personal Information We shall use Personal Information obtained from the user (the “User”) in the Services only within the scope of the following purposes of use. In the event of using Personal Information beyond the scope of the purpose of use, we shall obtain the prior consent of the User. We may change the purpose of use of Personal Information to the extent reasonably deemed to be connected with the purpose of use before the change, and if the purpose of use is changed, then we shall promptly give a notice or issue an official announcement of such change.
(1) For provision of the Services;
(2) For improvement of convenience of the Services;
(3) For the improvement, enhancement or marketing of the Services, or development of our new services and products ;(4) For conducting questionnaires or inquiries on current services or services under consideration to be provided newly;(5) For our consideration of or providing new plans and campaigns for the Services;
(7) For response to inquiries and identification;
(8) For provision of information from us (including provision of information concerning new services or products that are provided by us, or provided by other company and recommended by us, together with special deal campaigns related to them) and sending email newsletter and email magazine;
(9) For any other communications as needed upon using the Services such as notices related to the Services;
(10) For the exercise of rights and the performance of obligations under the agreements or laws and other regulations; and
- Personal Information to be Obtained
(1) In order to achieve the purpose of use set forth in the immediately preceding Article, we shall obtain Personal Information, such as follows, by appropriate means. Information to be Obtained: Name, email address, telephone number and other Identity information
(2) We shall not, except as otherwise prescribed by applicable laws and regulations, obtain or use sensitive information relating to the User, such as race, creed, social identity, health information, or criminal record of the User.
- Obtaining Personal Information of Minors
(1) We provide the Services to include minors, however, when Personal Information of minor is to be obtained, we shall obtain the consent from parent(s), parental authority or legal guardian of the User in addition to the consent from the User.
(2) In the unlikely event that we find that Personal Information of a minor has been obtained without the consent from parent(s), parental authority or legal guardian of the User, then we will contact the User and then we shall obtain the consent to obtain the Personal Information again or shall conduct deletion of or other measures to the information.
- Storage Period of Personal Information We shall specify the storage period of Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use and delete Personal Information without delay after the storage period has expired or the purpose of use has been achieved.
- Protection of Personal Information We use secure sockets layer (SSL) technology to encrypt information in the transmission upon providing our services. With SSL, the data you enter is encrypted on your PC or other devices before it travels through the network to the computer where you register. Note: SSL is a technology that prevents third parties from stealing or altering data by encrypting and authenticating the transmission between your browser and the WWW server.
- Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
1. We shall not disclose or provide Personal Information to any third party without obtaining your consent, except under the following cases.
(1) When required by laws and regulations;
(2) When it is necessary for the protection of life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User;
(3) When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User; or
(4) Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and in which obtaining the consent of the User is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
2. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, those recipients of information will not be treated as a third party.
(1) When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use stated in “ Purpose of Use of Personal Information”;
(2) When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other events;
(3) Cases in which personal information will be used jointly with a specific party, and (i) the items of personal information to be jointly used, (ii) the scope of joint use, (iii) the purpose of use by the party using the information, and (iv) the name of the party responsible for managing the personal information, are notified to the User in advance, or is made readily available to the User.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties Located Abroad We may provide personal information to third parties in foreign countries in the following cases.
1. When we have obtained prior consent from the User to provide personal information to a third party in a foreign country;
2. A third party in a foreign country (including our subsidiary established under foreign laws and regulations and having an address in the foreign country) that implements measures stipulated in the Enforcement Regulations of the Personal Information Protection Law in an appropriate and reasonable manner for handling personal information, and with whom we have an arrangement to ensure such measures. (2) When personal information is provided to a third party (including our subsidiaries established under foreign laws and having an address in a foreign country); or
3. Cases that fall under any of the items in 1. of “7. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties”.
- Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
1. If there is a request by the User to disclose personal information through the contact point stated at the end of this document, we will respond to the request without delay after confirming the identity of the person requesting the information. However, if disclosure would result in any of the following cases, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the information, and if we decide not to disclose the information, we will notify you to that effect without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen (excluding tax) will be charged for each case of disclosure of personal information.
(1) When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the User or a third party;
(2) If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business; or
(3) In any other case that would violate laws and regulations.
2. If we receive a request from the User through the contact point stated at the end of this document to correct, add to, or delete personal information, or stop using, erase, or stop providing to third parties (hereinafter referred to as “Correction”) any of his/her personal information, and if it is deemed necessary to comply with the request, we will promptly conduct the necessary investigation after confirming the identity of the person requesting. When we have made the Correction of all or part of the relevant personal information, or when we have decided not to make the Correction, we will notify the User to that effect without delay.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, if we are not obligated to make a disclosure or Correction of personal information under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations, we may decline your request for disclosure or the Correction.
- Data Transfer to Other Region We may transfer or store the obtained Personal Information outside the country or region where it was initially obtained for reasons such as the development and continuity of our services. Even in such case, we shall continue to respond in a manner that complies with the requirements set forth in the relevant national and regional laws and regulations, such as Personal Information Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Handling of Cookies
1. When the Service is used by the User, we may store and reference cookies or other similar technologies (e.g., advertising identifiers, web beacons, or web storage (hereinafter referred to as “Cookies”)), and acquire and record domain names, IP addresses, viewed advertisements and pages, information on usage environment, and other access logs (history) for the following purposes. The information received through Cookies does not contain any information that can independently identify or specify the user.
(1) To identify users by using cookies when registering to use our services and providing services;
(2) To improve the Service;
(3) To use as materials for considering new services; or
(4) To analyze and provide advertisers and information providers with information on what kind of advertisements, information, and services are most effective for them to post or provide.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, when using the registration form for our Service or using our Service, you must agree to the handling of Cookies. due to the specifications of the Service, so please agree to the consent acquisition screen, pop-up windows.
- Entrustment of Personal Information Handling In the course of our business operations, we may outsource the handling of Personal Information to external parties, including individual contractors. In such cases, we shall supervise the contractors, including the conclusion of agreements on the handling of Personal Information of the User and ensure that they manage Personal Information appropriately.
- Use of Statistical Data We may, as may be necessary to achieve the purpose of use as stipulated in Article 2, based on provided Personal Information, produce statistical data that processed to make those not personally identifiable. We shall be entitled to use the statistical data processed so as not personally identifiable, at our sole discretion.
- Safety Management System We shall conduct education, training and other measures to all employees, including our executives, in order to protect Personal Information from leakage, loss, damage or otherwise. In addition, in a way of system as well, we shall take measures necessary and appropriate to ensure the safety management of Personal Information, such as restricting access to files include Personal Information, implementing security measures to prevent recording access logs and unauthorized access from outside.
- Our address and name of representative Address: 113 B, “e”-bu, Motofuchu-machi, Nanao-city, Ishikawa, Japan
Name of representative: Jung Sae Hyung
- Contact Point With respect to questions, complaints or any other inquiries concerning our handling of Personal Information, please contact us through the contact point below. [Contact information for Personal Information] Department in charge of oVice, Inc.: Development Department
Department in charge of oVice, Inc.: Development Department
Enacted and enforced on October 1, 2020. Revised on November 15, 2021. Revised on April 1, 2022. Revised on June 9, 2022.